Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BREAKING. Katie Couric announces that she's leaving the CBS Evening News after 5 years of her news bulletin being stuck in 3rd place.


Katie Couric (54) of the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric on Sky News (DStv 402) daily at 01:30 and 03:30 just announced that she's leaving as news anchor after 5 years and as the first permanent female news reader of one of America's three daily major news bulletins.

Katie Couric just told People in America that ''I have decided to step down from the CBS Evening News'' saying that she's decided to ''move on'' but that she's excited about the future''. She is apparently looking to do a talk show after the viewership for the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric remained stuck in third place behind the NBC Nightly News with Brain Williams (CNBC Africa, DStv 410) and ABC World News with Diane Sawyer in second place.

''I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling," says Katie Couric, saying a new deal is ''still being discussed''. "The bottom line is that I love doing all kinds of different stories. I have a lot of areas of interest and I want to be able to fulfill all of that."