Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Binnelanders on M-Net goes bigger with new sets, actors.


M-Net soapie Binnelanders started filming on the new and expanded sets yesterday to gear up for the hour long episodes that M-Net will broadcast from April with a bunch of new actors.

Sources tell me that Binnelanders episodes are now only filmed a few weeks into the future and no longer so far from the current broadcasting date.

Last week journalists at a press function in Johannesburg were all talking about what they know. Journalists also discussed the new sets, the new universe the show is expanding into, and the new actors joining the show. The biggest name that was thrown around was actress Jana Cilliers joining Binnelanders, and the somewhat older news of Terence Bridgett also joining the show and who got people mad for talking about it before he was supposed to.

Other names thrown out there by loose lips during the day last week of actors who have joined the expanded Binnelanders included Nick Boraine, Michelle Pienaar and Carl Beukes. I haven't had the time or the desire to check and verify each of these names, although I can tell you I have heard Jana Cilliers mentioned before this past Thursday.

I have now officially asked M-Net about these names and if I get an answer I will let you know.